13 August 2007

Firsts and Soon to be Firsts

Last night Caleb took a bath without his hammock attached to his baby bathtub. He loved it! The hammock was really constricting his legs, and as soon as I put him in without it, he was kicking and squirming and really enjoying his new found freedom.

Last week Caleb got to hang out with one of his first friends, Seth. So far their friendship consists of Caleb watching Seth scoot around our living room, Seth trying to steal Caleb's pacifier, and Seth using Caleb's head to push himself up! It was an educational experience for me- I now know many things that will have to be put up in our living room before Caleb becomes more mobile! I think that Caleb may be teething. As a new mom, I go over about 800 different scenarios of why he may be upset or doing this or that, so I could be wrong. But, today he spent at least an hour crying - like really screaming! He has had other signs like lots of saliva, and I think that his gums are swollen. All that to say, he has not been a happy kid this morning. Finally after an hour of trying to get him down, he gave into the nap. This is the position he finally drifted off to sleep in! Then about 10 minutes later the phone rang! Now I hear him fussing again! The joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I remember going through all of that!!! I miss it, please enjoy it as much as you can. They do grow up way to quick! You are SO Blessed to have such a wonderful little boy. Thanks for sharing your time with him.

God Bless,
Stacy Murphy

Mara said...

What a cute sleeping position. I know you might not be into too much holistic stuff but you can try licorice root extract to rub on his gums, it helps with the swelling. Check with your local natural whole foods store, I know they have it in Alb.